Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Slash 'Embarrassed' by Story About Mom Naked With David Bowie



Despite sharing the story last month about how he once walked in on his mom naked in bed with David Bowie, Slash now says he is "embarrassed" by the tale and is trying to downplay any dirty deeds between the pair. On Monday, the guitarist told San Francisco's 107.7 the Bone radio station, "That was a very casual conversation with somebody on the phone in Australia that I had no idea was going to get blown up. It became this big headline and it was very awkward." He added, "I'm embarrassed because I'm sure David didn't appreciate it... And my mum, rest in peace, probably wouldn't have dug it either."

Slash also dispelled any notion of controversy about the incident. "All it was: they dated for awhile, which is common knowledge," he said. "All I said was there was one occasion where I happened to walk into the bedroom when they weren't fully dressed... That was it. It wasn’t anything more lewd than that. End of story."