Monday, March 5, 2012

Derek Ramsay worries for ailing parents


MANILA, Philippines – A total contrast from the strong and muscular hunk that fans have come to know, an emotional Derek Ramsay appeared on “The Buzz” on March 4 to share that his greatest fear in life is losing his parents.

The Filipino-British actor said that both his parents are in the midst of recuperating from age-related diseases.

“My Dad, matigas ang ulo rin niyan, eh. He’s been having problems with his feet and there’s something wrong with his stomach and it’s actually been a while now,” the hunk actor shared.

Derek said that at first his father did not want to have himself checked but their family was eventually able to convince him to do so.

“He actually missed the day when he’s gonna get the results of the tests because he came with me to have a meeting with ABS-CBN,” he recalled. “So ‘yun nga, inuna niya pa rin ako kesa sa sarili niya.”

Derek had a meeting on Feb. 29 with the Kapamilya executives regarding his contract with the network.

Later in the interview, Derek morosely bared that his mother also had her share of misfortune as she recently suffered a mild stroke.

“And then my mom naman, she’s a very strong woman but also hardheaded. It’s actually her second mild stroke. Hindi niya kasi iniinom ‘yung gamot niya,” he said in a chastising but concerned tone.

He continued, “It’s supposed to be maintenance medicine and she only takes it when she feels na mataas na ‘yung blood pressure niya. So now tutok na tutok kami na sa kanya.”

Asked how he’s coping with his parents' condition, Derek took a long pause and obviously held back tears in saying: “That's my biggest fear… I can’t entertain the thought na mawawala sila.”

Derek claimed that he doesn’t usually turn emotional on cam but since, for him, “family comes first,” he can’t help it.

In the end, the box office actor was asked what he wanted to tell his parents.

He enthused, “Mom and Dad, they know that I love them deeply. They know how I try my best to make them proud and I just want them to know that I know that they’re proud of me. And it’s a great feeling to know that you have parents who are there for you and always will be.”

“Hindi ako umiiyak sa totoong buhay ‘eh so I hate you Dad,” he said in jest.

Before speculations could rise, Derek immediately clarified that putting his family first doesn’t necessarily mean that his longtime girlfriend Angelica Panganiban is going to be out of the picture.

“Family always comes first for me. And when I say that they ask, ‘Pano naman si Angel?’ Well Angel’s part of the family and my parents treat her like their very own. Sometimes nga better than me,” shared he.

article source: mb.com.ph