Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Noel Gallagher reveals he suffers from tinnitus


Former Oasis star Noel Gallagher has revealed that he suffers from tinnitus, and has even gone for a brain scan.



Tinnitus is common in rock stars, as The Who's Pete Townshend and Coldplay's Chris Martin both suffer from it as well.

Speaking to Andy Goldstein, on his TalkSport radio show, Noel says, "I went for a brain scan. They did find it! I’ve got bizarre ringing in my ears. I think it’s just through playing guitar for the last 20 years so I had to sit in a tube in the hospital.

"It’s an accumulation of many things but I’ve had a bloody great time doing it all and if I do eventually die of brain disease it will have been worth it. The funny thing is they give you these headphones and I chose classical music. It came on and it was the exact music I play to my little kid when he goes to bed.

"I was in there for 25 minutes. It was horrible. I know what the results will be - ‘There is nothing wrong with you’. It’s another way of fleecing money out of you."

source: gigwise.com