Showing posts with label FHM. Show all posts
Showing posts with label FHM. Show all posts

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sam Pinto irked by rumors she used money to top FHM sexiest list


A few days before her victory party as the reigning sexiest Pinay of FHM, Sam Pinto finds herself facing an intrigue.

"Bumili ka raw ng boto?"
In an exclusive phone interview with PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) at around 8:30 p.m. today, July 8, the usually placid actress makes no effort to hide her irritation.

"Na-stress ako sa rumor na ito. Where did it come from?" she begins.

The minute she learned about it through Twitter, she felt bad for the fans who tirelessly and wholeheartedly supported her during the voting period, which ran from April 2 until June 15.

She adds, "I know they worked hard for this. They would tell me, 'Naubos ang load ko... Na-cut ang phone ko....' I did not give money!"


But she's vocal about giving gifts— which, she says, is the suggestion of her avid supporters.
The Kapuso leading lady relates, "I agreed to their suggestion. Yung mga gifts na ito, it came from my sponsors. Mga San Miguel shirts and fan signs... If they buy the magazine, they get a shirt. Kasi yung ballots this year, dapat bumili ka talaga ng FHM.

"I campaigned sa Twitter and fan page..."
Then with more emphasis, she repeats, "But I did not give money so I can win!"
How about the liquor brand she's endorsing? According to tittle-tattle, it allotted budget for the FHM survey.

Her reply: "Ang alam ko yung sa Facebook fan page at yung mga gifts... But you know, fans pa rin ang, e, ang magde-decide.

"Kaya whoever started this, it's just so unfair. Nung nalaman ng nanay ko, pati siya na-stress... So, I felt that I should clarify things."

Why is the sexiest Pinay title important to her?

"When I won last year, I saw what happened to me... People know me more, and dumami yung endorsements ko, I had 4 yata... Kaya it really, really helped my career," she replies.
Next year though, while the distinction of being the first Pinay to win the title three years in a row is appealing, Sam said in a previous interview, “Don’t worry, hindi na ako masyadong lalaban next year!”

This time, she declares, "Tapos na ang ang laban..." But her fate in 2013, she says, will still be up to the fans.

"If I'll have my way, why not?" quips the 22-year-old star, who's also not discounting the possibility that competition is bound to become more stiff.

And if she'll also have her way, she wants to shun these "kaka-stress" issues.
She says, "I have no idea ba't laging lumalapit ang mga controversies... but they say, publicity, good or bad, is still publicity.

"If the issue is not true, I'll be fine. Then it's okay. I know the truth naman... Meron lang mga hindi ma-tolerate, like this one. Nakakairita itong isyu na ito!"

MOVING ON... But Sam wants to put this behind her and just focus on her preparations for the victory party on July 12.

What can the people expect?

"Last year, maraming na-disappoint kasi balot na balot daw yung suot," she says, referring to the quite-demure corset she wore in 2011.

But Popo Go is designing a "more revealing" outfit this year.
Sam assures, "It's gonna be way better than last year." - Pep.ph

source: gmanetwork.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FHM recalls 'racist' cover of March issue, apologizes


FHM Philippines on Monday said it will recall the men’s magazine’s March issue to quiet a rising uproar over its controversial "racist" cover, and has apologized.

The cover shows fair-skinned Kapuso actress Bela Padilla in a hot-pink bikini in the middle of dark-skinned models made even darker by their placement in shadows around Padilla. The tag line on the cover states: "Bela Padilla: Stepping out of the shadows."

FHM’s Philippine publisher Summit Media stated in part: "We apologize, and thank those who have raised their points. We apologize to Bela Padilla for any distress this may have caused her. In our pursuit to come up with edgier covers, we will strive to be more sensitive next time."

The magazine cover was uploaded on FHM’s Facebook page on February 25, igniting a firestorm that quickly spread online.

Writer Katrina Stuart Santiago denounced it as "a display of white supremacist ideology at its most vicious because it's shameless. It is a display of whiteness against blackness that is sold to us as fact: the white woman can only emerge as her true self from the shadows created by the black girls."

Twitter user Bea Cupin, who works in the advertising industry, noted, “I don’t know which is worse, the cover or the fact that they think it’s okay.”

“What were they thinking?” according to another tweet.

FHM has prided itself on being edgy, having convinced many high-profile models and actresses to pose nearly nude. But this cover seemed to offend more than impress.

Summit Media reacted to the online outrage by deciding to replace the cover of the March issue. It was the “most prudent move in the light of the confusion over the previous cover execution," it said in a statement. “We took all the points into consideration and have decided to take the side of sensitivity."

On Twitter, 20-year-old Bela Padilla apologized to those who took offense. “FHM and I meant no harm at all,” she said.

“Some things are out of control…” she said and further tweeted that “it had nothing to do with racial discrimination... The concept was stepping out of MY inhibitions, MY fears, MY shadows. Not bashing a certain race."

The outrage online began Saturday on Twitter when only the magazine cover was uploaded, continuing the magazine industry practice of “teasing” readers about upcoming issues in an attempt to jack up sales. The cover has since been removed from Facebook.

Past magazine covers that elicited buzz were those of Charice Pempengco and Jinkee Pacquiao. Netizens criticized their images for being overly “photoshopped.”

FHM did not indicate what they would put on the March cover as a replacement.

source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/249620/showbiz/fhm-recalls-racist-cover-of-march-issue-apologizes