Showing posts with label Zayn Malik. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Zayn Malik. Show all posts

Friday, March 27, 2015

Zayn Malik breaks silence after split with One Direction


Former One Direction member Zayn Malik has broken his silence after declaring on Wednesday that he was quitting the popular British group.

An article on PerezHilton.com on Friday said Malik told British paper The Sun that his decision to leave the band was “crazy and wild and a bit mad.”




“But at the same time, I’ve never felt more in control in my life. And I feel like I’m doing what’s right—right by myself and right by the boys—so I feel good,” Malik was quoted in the article as saying.

He said he struggled with his decision because he knew the impact it would have on their fans.

“I did try to do something that I wasn’t happy doing for a while, for the sake of maybe other people’s happiness. And that was mainly the fans,” he said. “I only ever tried to do it for the fans, and it was only ever for them.”

“I’m only upset [because] I feel like I may have let them down in some sort of way.”

Malik said his former bandmates—Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Niall Horan—were supportive of his decision.

“They’ve been cool about it,” Malik reportedly said in the interview as quoted by People.com. “And they understand that, you know, it’s not real to me anymore.”

According to the same report, Malik was spotted heading to a recording studio on Thursday and had told The Sun he had been working on his own music. Melizza Jane Tacang/RC

source: entertainment.inquirer.net

Sunday, March 22, 2015

One Direction, minus one, takes Manila by storm


MANILA, Philippines–Murphy’s Law, or “whatever can go wrong, will go wrong,” may have caught up with English-Irish boy band One Direction (1D) as it performed without one key member, Zayn Malik, on Saturday night at SM Mall of Asia (MOA) open grounds in Pasay City.

The last of the group’s two-date concerts in Manila, part of its 2015 On the Road Again tour, will be held Sunday night at the same venue.

A statement from 1D management ascribed Malik’s failure to join the concerts to “stress,” though it wasn’t specified whether he was suffering from any ailment.

What seems to be more apparent is that Malik—regarded as the most vocally proficient member of 1D—has been worried stiff about his relationship with his fiancée, Perrie Edwards of the British girl group Little Mix, who has reportedly walked out of their shared house after she caught him cheating with another woman during the 1D concert in Bangkok a few days ago.

On Wednesday, Malik posted a cryptic message on his Twitter account: “I’m 22 years old … I love a girl named Perrie Edwards. And there’s a lot of jealous people in this world I’m sorry for what it looks like x.”

The object of Edwards’ ire has been identified as Lauren Rich, who was seen posing with Malik (whose right hand is touching Rich’s bare waist) in an Instagram photo that has been circulating on the Internet.

‘Super strict’

In any case, the group’s security in Manila has been described as “super strict” by Philippine media; TV crews had waited for the arrival of 1D’s other members—Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson—at 1 p.m. Saturday but were unable to get clear footage, much less a word or two, because the entourage’s private plane headed straight into a private hangar and the group was whisked into waiting cars.

The arrival of the members of the band was kept under wraps that even as the reported time the plane was expected to land approached, media affairs personnel at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) said they had “no advice” on the flight details.

The lack of information on the group’s arrival prompted fans to wait for their idols at the MOA grounds instead of welcoming them at the airport.

The result was business as usual at Terminals 1 and 3. Passengers went about their business and the number of security personnel deployed appeared the same, as though no VIP was expected to arrive.

A Terminal 1 airport security member told the Inquirer that no word was given about a foreign boy band arriving there.

Reporters, on the other hand, tried to approximate where exactly the plane carrying 1D would land.

Some reporters positioned themselves inside the press office at Naia Terminal 1, while others made the rounds at Terminal 3 in the hopes of capturing on video or in a photograph the arrival of the popular boy band.

Other reporters left for MOA instead, saying they had better chances of taking a photograph or a video of the boys.

Confirmed arrival 

In the end, it was Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) spokesman Eric Apolonio who confirmed the arrival of the band members, although he said he was unsure how many arrived on the plane.

“But if it’s just one flight, the four of them are on the same plane,” he said.

Apolonio said that based on a report he received, the band members arrived on a “private jet” and landed on the Aeges hangar, beside the presidential hangar near Terminal 3.

He said the hangar where the band members landed was where American President Barack Obama’s Air Force One also landed when he visited the country recently.

“If it’s a private plane, it’s the customs and the immigration officers who go there and process their documents,” Apolonio said.

He said after the plane landed, the band members went straight to the vehicles waiting for them and went straight to the hotel.

No surprise


Asked if the CAAP was taken by surprise by the group’s arrival, Apolonio replied in the negative.

He said the CAAP already received information that the band’s flight plan would be filed with them beforehand.

He said it was filed on the same day, before 1:55 p.m.

“It’s just normal for users of private planes to file their flight plans on the same day,” he said.

“OA” (overacting) was how security arrangements were narrated by a female representative of Smart, the country’s leading telecommunications company, which is said to have poured in more than P100 million as the Manila concerts’ main corporate sponsor.

“Sorry, 1D management did not allow any photos [to be taken],” Smart public affairs head Mon Isberto told the Inquirer in a text message.

Concert promoters, composed of officers from Music Management International and Ovation Productions, issued the following advisory to prevent confusion and untoward incidents among the audience, mostly composed of female adolescents and teeners:

General guidelines


Only patrons with the official event access card will be allowed entry. Fake tickets and fake access cards will be detected.

Exchange your tickets to official event access card prior to going to the concert grounds. Patrons or guardians without official event access card will not be allowed inside the concert grounds.

Keep your official event access card with you at all times. For security purposes, reentry will not be allowed.

Please bring a valid ID or any form of identification aside from the official event access card.

Outside food and drinks are not allowed. Food and drinks are available inside the venue.

Pay attention to the announcements and list of prohibited items.

Large bags including backpacks and waist packs are subject to inspection.

Please take note that the sound during One Direction’s performance will be of high level. Attendees, especially small kids, are recommended to bring ear defenders.

Entry reminders


Reserved Seating sections (VIP and Diamond) and Free Seating sections (Titanium and Gold) are open to all ages. Parents and guardians are responsible for the safety of their companions.

For VIP access cardholders, claiming of VIP Hot Package is located inside the VIP section. Please have your official event access card and ID ready.

Standing sections (Silver and General Admission/Bronze) are limited to 12 years old and above only. Valid ID with birthdate should be presented upon entry.

Attendees aged 12 to 16 should be accompanied by an adult with an official access card. No valid ID, no entry.

The following will be asked to sign a waiver before entry: pregnant women; and parents and guardians of children below 4 feet or 12 years old.

Access cards

For those who have not claimed their official event access cards yet, booths will be set up at the North Wing, Entertainment Mall, SM Mall of Asia: Ground floor, near TGIFridays; and Second floor, near IMAX lobby.

Prohibited items 

Professional video and photo cameras (SLR with detachable lens 3 inches and above)

Cigarettes, alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs

Umbrellas (Raincoats/ponchos will be available for sale inside the venue.)

Big posters, flags, banners, placards, signages (A3 size or 12 x 18 inches and above)

Laser pens, pointers and flashlights;

Weapons and any sharp objects;

Candles, air horn, fireworks and any kind of pyrotechnics;

Glass or PET bottles, cans, hard plastic containers, water coolers, thermos and the like

Large chains, spike bracelets, wallet chains, large metal belt buckles

Blankets, hamper and cold boxes

Scooters, skateboards and skates

Chairs of any type.

source: entertainment.inquirer.net

Thursday, August 22, 2013

One Direction’s Malik engaged to Perrie Edwards


LONDON — One Direction has one less eligible bachelor.

Band member Zayn Malik is engaged to Perrie Edwards of the group Little Mix. They’re both 20.

Edwards was spotted wearing a diamond ring Tuesday at One Direction film premiere “This Is Us” in London.

Edwards’ mother, Debbie, confirmed Wednesday that her daughter and Malik were engaged. She told Real Radio: “It’s true. They got engaged on Sunday and it’s absolutely lovely.” 



Columbia Records confirmed in a statement that “Zayn and Perrie are engaged, but any further detail regarding their relationship is private.”

Like boy band One Direction, female trio Little Mix formed on British TV talent show “The X Factor,” winning the competition in 2011. One Direction placed third in 2010, but went on to top charts around the world.

source: entertainment.inquirer.net

Monday, April 22, 2013

One Direction's Zayn Malik to propose to Little Mix star Perrie Edwards?



One Direction's Zayn Malik will pop the question to Little Mix star Perrie Edwards 'soon' if her bandmates' predictions are to become reality.

Despite rumours spreading earlier this year that Malik had cheated on Edwards, the X Factor couple are happier than ever and already act 'just like a married couple' according to Little Mix member Jesy Nelson.

Nelson told the Daily Star: "Perrie will be the first of us to get engaged, Zayn definitely seems like the kind of person who’s gonna ask her to marry him soon. He’s an early bloomer. I’m getting my hat already.

"They’re just like a married couple anyway. They’ve got a dog and they literally dress in the same clothes."





However, when quizzed on the potential proposal, Edwards gave little away as she feels wearing matching clothes to her boyfriend doesn't mean the couple are ready to take the plunge just yet.

She added: "Everyone keeps saying it. And yes, once we did wear matching hoodies. The dog did too. But I still don’t get why they always say me?"

19-year-old Perrie also revealed that her relationship with Malik has been supported by fans of Little Mix and One Direction alike saying, "Our fans are really supportive too and even the One Direction fans have been so supportive, so I’m very lucky."

X Factor's creative director Brien Friedman recently revealed that 20-year-old Zayn struggles to keep up with the One Direction dance moves.

He told Heat recently: "He’s got rhythm, he can’t learn choreography. He gets really intimidated and scared and can’t remember it.”

 source: gigwise.com